2 lb of dry Navy Beans, 1/2 lb of Pinto Beans. Bring to a boil and then let sit for at least 1 hour.
2-3 lb of smoked rib meat roughly chopped, 2pkg of HamHocks 2 per pkg, *2 lb of Bacon, diced, cooked crispy – *Optional*
2 Large Sweet Onions, diced
4 Tablespoons of diced Garlic
2 cups of Bell Peppers, diced
1-2 large Jalapenos sliced in rings about 1/8″ thick
3 1⁄2 cups Brown Sugar
1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
1 cup of Molasses
2 cup of Apple Cider
1-2 cups of BOOEY’S Gourmet “SmokeHouse” BBQ Sauce to taste
1⁄4 cup Yellow Mustard
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
All out of Booey's Smokehouse BBQ?
Made From Scratch!
Prep Time: 30 minutes Yield: 16-18 Servings Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
1. Sort through dry beans to remove any stones or hard beans.
2. Place beans in a large pot, cover with water, Heat to a rolling boil, remove from heat and soak for a minimum of 1 hour.
3. Drain beans, place in a large 7 Quart Dutch Oven or large Foil Pan. While Beans are coming to a boil, Put Hamhocks in a pressure cooker and cook sor approximately 1 1/2 Hours or until they fall apart.
4. Seperate Hamhock meat from bone and fat chop coarsely and add to beans
5. Warm Rib meat and drain off fat. Coarsely chop
6. Add Chopped Rib meat to Dutch Oven or large Foil Pan with beans.
7. Peel the outer skin from an onions, dice them up and add to beans.
8. Add Bell Peppers.
9. **Add cooked bacon and to pan with beans. **Optional**
10. Add diced garlic.
12. Add Molasses.
13. Add Yellow Mustard.
14. Add BOOEY’S Gourmet “SmokeHouse” BBQ Sauce to taste
15. Gently stir all ingredients together until mixed well.
16. Place Cover on Dutch Oven or cover Large Foil pan tightly with aluminum foil.
17. Place in pre-heated 250 degree oven, bake covered for 5-6 hours.
18. After about 2 1/2 hrs check beans for flavor and moisture.
19. Add Apple Cider, BOOEY’S Gourmet “SmokeHouse” BBQ, Sauce, Salt or Black Pepper if needed. Stir well.
20. Return beans, covered, back to oven and, bake another 2 hours. After the next 2 hours stir beans. Beans should be getting creamy. If too much liquid remains remove cover and continue to cook until excess moisture reduced and beans are creamy and tender.
21. Serve hot and enjoy!