- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 oz firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 4 oz by weight, finely minced red and orange pepper approximately 1-1⁄2 peppers, seeds and membranes removed
- 2 scallions, finely minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 egg
- Booey's Jamican Jerk Sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine ingredients, mix thoroughly.
Using a 2 TBL measure out meatballs and place on wax paper. Heat frypan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat. Place meatballs in hot pan and brown on one side. Flip and cover pan, let cook for approximately 3 minutes. If browning too quickly turn down heat some.
Do this in stages if need be, giving space between meatballs. Add back meatballs to pan, add 1⁄2 cup of Booey’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce and coat meatballs, flipping them to glaze meatballs. Add more sauce if needed.
Eat by themselves or serve over rice.Created by Cathe Kates